Terms of granting the International Szczecin Sailing Awards
The International Szczecin Sailing Awards, hereinafter referred to as the Awards, are established in the following categories:
Captain Ludomir Mączka Award
Voyage of the Year – Wyszak Award;
Sailor of the Year;
Regatta Racer of the Year – Captain Kazimierz Kuba Jaworski Award;
Sailing Promoter – Captain Kazimierz Haska Award;
Umbriaga Cat Award;
Coach of the Year – Teodor Czarnecki award
Aleksander Doba Special Sailing Award
Objectives and assumptions
The awards are established to:
– promote sailing and its tradition;
– honour important sailing achievements, including those related to West Pomerania and Hither Pomerania, also including those activities, which are the achievements of the oldest sailing club in Szczecin – Stettiner Yacht Club, having its headquarters in Lübeck.
– propagate maritime culture, build and raise maritime awareness,
– award achievements in the area of maritime education of children and youth
1. The Interenational Szczecin Sailing Awards are organised by the Mayor of Szczecin.
2. The entity implementing the task is Żegluga Szczecińska Turystyka Wydarzenia Sp. z o.o.
Awards and rules
1. An Award may be won by a living natural person, a group of natural persons, a legal person or an organisational unit without legal personality, hereinafter referred to as Entities.
2. Entities can receive only one Award for achievements in the previous year, subject to § 6(1) and § 10.
3. No more than one of each of the Awards listed in §1 may be granted each year.
4. The Awards are presented by the Mayor of Szczecin at the request of the Award Committee. It is not possible to appeal against the Mayor’s decision.
5. The Award Ceremony is held at the Sailing Gala in Szczecin, which takes place every year during a municipal sailing event. The date of the event shall be determined no later than the end of March each year.
6. announcement of the winners takes place every year on the last Saturday of March
6. If the last Saturday of March falls on Easter, the Award Ceremony is held on the third Saturday of March.
The Awards referred to in § 1(1)-(9) are granted annually, provided that in the absence of candidates submitted for individual Awards or when the candidates submitted do not meet the prestige of the International Szczecin Sailing Awards, members of the Award Committee may cancel the Award in the category in a given year.
1. The Captain Ludomir Mączka Award shall be granted “For commitment to the idea of free sailing”.
2. The Captain Ludomir Mączka Award is a nationwide and international award, which can be received by a sailor from the territory of Poland, as well as a sailor from Hither Pomerania, member and alumnus of the Stettiner Yacht Club and the Polish community abroad.
3. The Award may be granted for: an outstanding sailing achievement that took place during the two years preceding the granting of the Award; for the overall sailing activity of persons who have carried out outstanding activity in this field for at least 20 years; achievements related to maritime culture, which shall be considered the following, among others:
– directing a movie,
– writing a book on a sailing/maritime subject
– carrying out journalistic activity or promoting marine culture for at least 15 years.
4. The winner of the Award referred to in par. 1 shall receive: a sculpture – statuette of LUDOMIR, depicting Captain Ludomir Mączka, and the net cash amount of PLN 10,000 (ten thousand zloty) funded by the City of Szczecin Municipality.
5. The first and last name of the winner will be placed on the information board at Aleja Żeglarzy (Sailors Avenue) in Szczecin.
6. If the winner of the Award is a group of natural persons, the Award shall be handed to the oldest member of the group or the representative designated by the group.
Voyage of the Year – Wyszak Award is granted to the captain (helmsman) of an outstanding voyage that ended in the year preceding the Award Ceremony and was associated with West Pomerania or Hither Pomerania (the captain or a yacht with the crew composed mostly of sailors living in West Pomerania)
Sailor of the Year – the Award is granted to a sailor from West Pomerania or Hither Pomerania for special achievements relating to sailing.
Regatta Racer of the Year – Captain Kazimierz Kuba Jaworski Award is granted a regatta sailor who has achieved remarkable success in competitive sailing from West or Hither Pomerania.
Sailing Promoter – Captain Kazimierz Haska Award is granted for the broadly understood popularization of sailing, including through activities in the field of culture, sport and tourism (etc.), which is of particular importance for Szczecin, Western Pomerania and Hither Pomerania. The prize is granted to individuals, organizations and institutions.
Umbriaga Cat Award. This Award is a distinction given for significant achievements in the field of sailing or its promotion. It is granted to children from 6 to 14 years of age, educational institutions of West Pomerania, Hither Pomerania and other legal entities that propagate sailing among children.
The Sailing Event is an award granted for a sailing event or other extraordinary event associated with sailing, which was organized in Szczecin, Western Pomerania or Hither Pomerania. The event can be: regattas, sailing ceremonies, concerts, festivals, exhibitions and more.
Coach of the Year – Teodor Czarnecki award – The award is granted to outstanding coaches, trainers, sailing instructors and others supporting the process of training sailors, both regatta and tourist, who are residents of Western Pomerania or Hither Pomerania. In exceptionally justified cases, the award may also be granted for lifetime achievement in the field of training sailors
The Aleksander Doba Special Sailing Award is granted to a person, organisation or institution for activity related to sailing, water sports, water or maritime works, which is not eligible for the above-described awards.
The Awards referred to in § 7-13 may also be granted to members and alumnus of the Stettiner Yacht Club in Lübeck.
Winners of the Awards listed in § 1(2) – (9) receive statuettes and diplomas.
The founder of the Awards listed in § 1(1), (4)-(9) is the City of Szczecin Municipality.
The founder of the Awards listed in § 1(2) and (3) is the West Pomerania District Sailing Association.
Procedure for submitting candidates for the Awards and announcement of the list of nominees
The following are allowed to submit candidates:
Members of the Award Committee; public institutions, unions, associations, foundations, organisations and sailing clubs; residents of Szczecin, West Pomerania Province and Hither Pomerania; in the case of the Captain Ludomir Mączka Award, also residents of any part of Poland.
The applications form for the Awards listed in § 1(1)-(9) can be found attached as Appendixes 1-9 to these Terms.
Applications for candidate nominations to the Awards are accepted from 10 January to 15 February every year. The application form can be found on the nagrodyzeglarskie.szczecin.pl website.
Applications must be submitted can be submitted online, using e-form, or in the traditional way: on the formulars to be downloaded below and transmitted by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Applications are not examined if they are submitted in a form other than the application form referred to in para. 1 and 2.
From the submitted candidates for the Awards, the Committee indicates 3 nominees in each category, one of which will be a laureate of a specific category.
The list of nominees to the Awards shall be announced to the public by 10 March every year and published on the Szczecin Sailing Awards website.
Nominees shall be notified at least 14 days in advance of the date, time, and venue of the Sailing Gala where the Awards will be presented.
In the event that the recipient fails to collect the Prize for a period of 60 days, or declines to collect it, the Prize will be returned to the organiser.
1. The Award Committee consists of persons who are authorities in the field of sailing, maritime culture or maritime economy, as well as representatives of the City of Szczecin Municipality.
2. The composition of the Award Committee is recommended by the Mayor’s Office in consultation with representatives of societies and associations that promote sailing.
3. The members of the Award Committee are appointed for their term and dismissed by the Mayor of the City of Szczecin by a separate Order.
4. The Award Committee consists of at least 7 and no more than 13 persons.
5. The Award Committee selects the Chairperson from among themselves by a simple majority of votes, in the presence of at least half of the Members of the Award Committee.
6. The chairperson directs the work of the Award Committee and presides over its sessions.
7. In the absence of the Chairperson at the Chapter session, the duties of the Chairperson will be performed by a person elected by an ordinary majority of votes by the other Members of the Chapter.
8. Organisational and office services for the Award Committee shall be provided by the Secretary of Awards, acting as a minutes secretary, without the right to participate in voting, who is not a member of the Award Committee and is designated by the Mayor’s Office of the City Hall in Szczecin.
9. The Award Committee takes decisions by way of resolution under the “Terms of granting the International Szczecin Sailing Awards”.
10. The Award Committee presents to the Mayor of Szczecin the candidates for the Awards from among the candidates submitted.
11. The Award Committee selects the candidates for Awards in an open vote, with a simple majority of votes, in the presence of more than half of the Members of the Award Committee. In case of an equal number of votes, the Chairperson of the Award Committee makes the final decision.
12. If a Member of the Award Committee is submitted as a candidate for one of the Awards, he or she shall be excluded from the work of the Award Committee in respect of the particular Award.
13. Persons who cannot take part in the meeting of the Chapter session due to reasons outside of their control may send their opinions regarding the particular categories of prizes by e-mail, but they cannot take part in the voting.
14. In certain cases, absent members of jury may take a part in proceeding and voting by using technical forms of communication such as videoconference under the condition of presence at least half of jury members.
15. Until the announcement of the Awards at the Sailing Gala, the Members of the Award Committee are obliged to keep the voting process and candidates selected as winners secret.
16. The Members of the Award Committee do not receive any remuneration for participation in the works of the Award Committee
In accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter referred to as the GDPR, we inform you that:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the Municipality of Szczecin – Szczecin City Hall, with its seat in Szczecin, pl. Armii Krajowej 1.
2. The contact details of the Data Protection Officer in the Municipality of Szczecin – Szczecin City Hall, are: Personal Data Officer Urząd Miasta Szczecin (Szczecin City Hall), pl. Armii Krajowej 1, 70-456 Szczecin, telephone number: 914245702, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above contact details are to be used only for contact in matters directly related to
personal data processing. The Data Protection Officer does not have and will not provide any information on the examination of applications, their handling or the granting of the International Sailing Awards of Szczecin.
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of submitting and handling your application for the International Sailing Awards of Szczecin, as well as for archival purposes in connection with fulfilling legal obligations.
4. The legal basis for the processing of your data is your consent – Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR (the data subject has consented to the processing of their personal data for one or more specified purposes);
5. Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they have been collected. Refusal to provide them makes it impossible to submit an application.
6. Your personal data will not be disclosed to any external entities except in cases provided for by law and except for entities acting on behalf of the Controller, e.g. the entity providing IT services in the scope of maintenance and removing failures in IT systems and the entity processing personal data on behalf of the Controller, i.e. Żegluga Szczecińska Turystyka Wydarzenia Sp. z o.o., and also the members of the Award Committee referred to in the Rules and Regulations of the International Sailing Awards of Szczecin.
7. Your personal data will not be transferred to a recipient in a third country or to an international organisation.
8. Your personal data will be processed for the period of handling the candidate’s application for the International Sailing Awards of Szczecin, and thereafter for the period required by the applicable regulations for the performance of archiving duties. After the expiry of the storage period, the data will be irreversibly deleted or irreversibly anonymised.
9. You have the right to access, rectify or restrict the processing of your data and the right to object to the processing.
10. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, which will not affect
the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of your consent before its withdrawal.
11. The processing of personal data referred to in point 6 will be commissioned on the basis of a separate agreement concluded in writing. The agreement will contain provisions which define the conditions and principles of data processing.
12. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority (i.e. to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR.
13. The Controller does not apply automated decision-making, including data “profiling” as referred to in Article 4(4) of the GDPR, understood as a form of automated personal data processing which involves the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal factors of an individual.
The full content of the information clause concerning the obligations of the Controller, i.e. the Municipality of Szczecin – Szczecin City Hall, is available on the BIP website, under the “Ochrona danych osobowych / RODO” tab (Personal Data Protection / GDPR).